Before going freelance, I was an editor at Templar Publishing, where I commissioned, wrote and edited children’s picture, non-fiction and activity books. As the head of middle-grade non-fiction, I specialised in science and curriculum-appropriate titles and complex novelty books. Prior to that, I worked at Little Tiger Press and Penguin Books.
My qualifications include:
– First Class MA in Publishing from Kingston University (2012), including a Bookseller Prize-winning dissertation
– BA Archaeology and Anthropology (2:1) from the University of Bristol (2008), including a First Class dissertation
– First year diploma in Zoology from the University of Bristol (2005)
– Adept with Adobe Creative Suite and BSI proofreading marks – am able to work on screen or from hard copy
– Languages: Welsh (fluent), Spanish (intermediate)
I am flexible, fast-working and reliable, with a critical eye for a text’s clarity, consistency and fluency. I also have a sound knowledge of product development and production processes and am used to working closely with designers.
I live in Reigate, just outside London.